Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Homemade Laundry Soap

 I love making my own laundry soap!  I am not big on scents and have a hard time finding something I like in a laundry detergent.  So, I have found the perfect thing for me!  I take Arm and Hammer Super Washing Soda (55 oz.), 20 Mule Team Borax (76 oz.), Oxi Clean Powder Free (3 lb.) and two bars Fels-Naptha Soap.  I did find a scent I like, but it is optional to add.  I found the Bounce Bursts Outdoor Fresh to be something I like. I put a lid full into my ingredients.  You can add as you like to reach the desired scent. 
 Put all the ingredients into a tub to mix.  I use a hand grater to grate the Fels-Naptha.  I then stir the powder until well mixed. 
I then store in my garage in the tub.  I fill the Oxy box to keep above my washer to use for everyday. Make sure to mark the container you use so others will know that it is for the laundry.  I use about 1 Tablespoon per load.  I have rather hard water.  You can decide how much you will need to use in your location.  It costs approximately twenty dollars for the ingredients.  For a family of four this amount will last about nine months.  Hope you will try it and will find you like it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment